Performance of int/long in Python 3

rusi rustompmody at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 12:10:26 EDT 2013

On Apr 3, 6:43 pm, Roy Smith <r... at panix.com> wrote:
> This has to inspect the entire string, no?  I posted (essentially) this
> a few days ago:
>
>        if all(ord(c) <= 0xffff for c in s):
>             return "it's all bmp"
>         else:
>             return "it's got astral crap in it"

Astral crap? CRAP?
Verily sir I am offended!

You dont play with Mahjong characters? How crude!
You dont know about cuneiform? How illiterate!
You dont compose poetry with Egyptian hieroglyphs? How rude!
Shavian has not reformed you? How backward!

In short you are a complete philistine
No… On second thoughts I take that back. For all we know philistine
may be one of the blessings of the Unicode gods?
So following the ilustrious example of jmf, I shall pronounce upon you
the ultimate curse:

You are American!