Can somebody give me an advice about what to learn?

Rodrick Brown rodrick.brown at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 09:49:09 EDT 2012

On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 8:58 AM, tcgo <tomeuari at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
> I'm really new to Usenet/Newsgroups, but... I'd like to learn some new
> programming language, because I learnt a bit of Perl though its OOP is
> ugly. So, after searching a bit, I found Python and Ruby, and both of they
> are cute.
> So, assuming you'll say me "learn python", why should I learn it over Ruby?
> Thanks!

Python comes stock on most Linux distro's and many RPM based distros uses
Python itself as a core scripting language unlike Ruby, that's why I choose
Python over Ruby 3-4 years back when I was debating which one I should
learn.

PS: I don't want to start a flame-war, I just want an advice if it's
> possible please!

This is a Python mailinglist so I doubt you can ignite any flamewar's
between Python vs Ruby! :)