web access to configuration database

Tim jtim.arnold at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 13:30:25 EDT 2012

I want to make some configuration data available via a web service (bottle) that returns JSON data to a client which may be a python app or a jqgrid-based web page ui.

The data structure is a list of dicts with strings, other dicts, and lists. It doesn't fit the relational database scheme; it looks like a nested key-value store.

I want to handle get/post for crud operations.

Any thoughts as to the best way to store the data? The magic solution would be a json-based database supporting get/post I guess.

I've been looking at MongoDB, Redis, CouchDB, and ZODB. (apache thrift?)
Currently learning Redis.

thanks,
--Tim