Ordering of mailbox.mbox contents?

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Thu Sep 27 11:59:06 EDT 2012

Reading through the docs[1] and the source, I'm trying to discern if
there's any guarantee that the contents of a mbox file remain in a
consistent ordering across add/delete calls.

As best I can tell from the source, it _looks_ like the code keeps
an existing file in the same order, deletions remove without
changing the order, and additions append at the end of the file in
the order they're added.  That's what I'd expect.

Is this accurate, or have I missed anything?

Thanks,

-tkc

[1]
http://docs.python.org/library/mailbox.html#mbox