Article on the future of Python

wxjmfauth at gmail.com wxjmfauth at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 02:35:39 EDT 2012

Le mercredi 26 septembre 2012 01:34:01 UTC+2, 88888 Dihedral a écrit :
> Grant Edwards於 2012年9月26日星期三UTC+8上午2時25分31秒寫道:

> > > I glanced over the article but it seems to me another 'I am afraid
>

> > > this is not the silver bullet I wanted it to be' article
>

> > Strange.  I didn't get that _at_all_ from the article.
>

> > To me it was expressing concern about what happens when the range of
>

> > "niches" where Python is a good solution falls below a certain
>

> > critical mass -- will the "Python Community" start to stagnate because
>

> > it isn't attacting new developers in the quantity or diversity that it
>

> > used to...
>

> > --
>

> > Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Alright, you!!
>

> >                                   at               Imitate a WOUNDED SEAL
>

> >                               gmail.com            pleading for a PARKING
>

> >                                                    SPACE!!
>
> I don't think so in 201X. The uni-code support for users and clients
>
> all over the world should not be taxed by WINTEL only in
>
> multi-language support under the OS. I am glad to see a lot smart phones
>
> or pads are fostering applications in various languages to help the IT
>
> industry keeping  growing and expanding to those regeions covered
>
> by wirelees digital communications with devices priced in the range
>
> 200 to 12000 usd.

Py 3.3 succeeded to somehow kill unicode and it has
been transformed into an "American" product for
"American" users.

---

>From nnn:
> ...schools moving towards Python...

I do not know what "schools" covers.
Interestingly (and unfortunately), it just becomes
a no-tool for those who wish to teach Unicode. Or,
in one sense, it just become one!

PS I spent my last days with XeTeX and unicode-math.

jmf