Memory usage per top 10x usage per heapy

Junkshops junkshops at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 17:02:56 EDT 2012

On 9/25/2012 11:50 AM, Dave Angel wrote:
> I suspect that heapy has some limitation in its reporting, and that's
> what the discrepancy.

That would be my first suspicion as well - except that heapy's results
agree so well with what I expect, and I can't think of any reason I'd be
using 10x more memory. If heapy is wrong, then I need to try and figure
out what's using up all that memory some other way... but I don't know
what that way might be.

> ... can be an expensive proposition if you are building millions of
> them. So can nested functions with non-local variable references, in
> case you have any of those.

Not as far as I know.

Cheers, MrsEntity