Article on the future of Python

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Tue Sep 25 14:25:30 EDT 2012

On 2012-09-25, Martin P. Hellwig <martin.hellwig at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, 25 September 2012 09:14:27 UTC+1, Mark Lawrence  wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I though this might be of interest.
>> http://www.ironfroggy.com/software/i-am-worried-about-the-future-of-python

> I glanced over the article but it seems to me another 'I am afraid
> this is not the silver bullet I wanted it to be' article

Strange.  I didn't get that _at_all_ from the article.

To me it was expressing concern about what happens when the range of
"niches" where Python is a good solution falls below a certain
critical mass -- will the "Python Community" start to stagnate because
it isn't attacting new developers in the quantity or diversity that it
used to...

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Alright, you!!
                                  at               Imitate a WOUNDED SEAL