Fastest web framework

Andriy Kornatskyy andriy.kornatskyy at live.com
Tue Sep 25 09:21:07 EDT 2012

Tarek,

With all respect, running benchmark on something that has sleeps, etc is pretty far from real world use case. So I went a little bit different way.

Here is a live demo (a semi real world web application) that comes with wheezy.web framework as a template:

http://wheezy.pythonanywhere.com/

I have implemented it in a way that it uses one web framework (wheezy.web) and various template engines (jinja2, mako, tenjin, wheezy.template and wheezy.template with preprocessor)... Please see the following post under `Real World Example` section:

http://mindref.blogspot.com/2012/07/python-fastest-template.html

Source code here:

https://bitbucket.org/akorn/wheezy.web/src/tip/demos/template

The real world example shows the difference between template engines implementing the same things. The same applies to web frameworks (more or less depending on your choice).

Thanks.

Andriy