Fastest web framework

Tarek Ziadé tarek at ziade.org
Mon Sep 24 07:50:31 EDT 2012

On 9/23/12 11:19 AM, Andriy Kornatskyy wrote:
> I have run recently a benchmark of a trivial 'hello world' application for various python web frameworks (bottle, django, flask, pyramid, web.py, wheezy.web) hosted in uWSGI/cpython2.7 and gunicorn/pypy1.9... you might find it interesting:
>
> http://mindref.blogspot.com/2012/09/python-fastest-web-framework.html
>
> Comments or suggestions are welcome.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Andriy Kornatskyy

I would try this with a web app that does more than 'Hello World'

You may argue that you're just trying the server stack, but that's not
realistic because you don't really measure how the server behaves with a
real app.

Have a look at
https://github.com/mozilla-services/chaussette/blob/master/chaussette/util.py#L188

(setup_bench and teardow_bench have to be run on startup and tear down
of the server)

I would be curious to see how things goes then

Cheers
Tarek