For Counter Variable

wxjmfauth at gmail.com wxjmfauth at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 05:32:04 EDT 2012

I wrote my first program on a PDP-8. I discovered Python
at release 1.5.?

Now years later... I find Python more and more unusable.

As an exemple related to this topic, which summarizes a
little bit the situation. I just opened my interactive
interpreter and produced this:

>>> for i in range(len(s)-1, -1,-1):
...     '{} {}'.format(i, s[i])
'2 c'
'1 b'
'0 a'

I did it so many times with a reverse/enumerate combination,
I'm unable to do it again, I simply do not remember!

One another really annoying aspect of Python, illustrated
in my previous code: ''.format() .
Was it not supposed to be *the* new formating scheme?

I'm toying more and more with the go language. I really
appreciate and rediscover the strictness I learned with
Pascal.

jmf