keeping information about players around

Dwight Hutto dwightdhutto at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 18:31:50 EDT 2012

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 6:19 PM, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 7:14 AM, Dwight Hutto <dwightdhutto at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Also, If this is a browser app I'd go with phpmyadmin, and MySQL
>>
>> If a tkinter/wxpython/etc app, then maybe sqlite.
>
> Out of curiosity, why? MySQL isn't magically better for everything
> where data ends up displayed in a web browser.

No, but phpmyadmin is a great GUI for MySQL

Unless you're planning
> to also reference this database from some other language, it's going
> to make little difference what backend you use; and even if you are
> using multiple languages, it's usually not difficult to find overlap.
Well this is python, but in the browser a little echo, instead of
print, isn't that bad for conversational php.

And in the end it's usually html, php, css, javascript in the browser,
atleast for me it is. I'm just starting to utilize python in that
area, so excuse the naivety.

--
Best Regards,
David Hutto