Fastest web framework

Albert Hopkins marduk at letterboxes.org
Mon Sep 24 15:42:00 EDT 2012

On Sun, 2012-09-23 at 12:19 +0300, Andriy Kornatskyy wrote:
> I have run recently a benchmark of a trivial 'hello world' application for various python web frameworks (bottle, django, flask, pyramid, web.py, wheezy.web) hosted in uWSGI/cpython2.7 and gunicorn/pypy1.9... you might find it interesting:
>
> http://mindref.blogspot.com/2012/09/python-fastest-web-framework.html
>
> Comments or suggestions are welcome.

The thing I don't like about these benchmarks is.. they tell you which
framework is best for writing a trivial 'hello world' application.  But
no one writes trivial 'hello world' applications.  A
framework/programming language/software package/what-have-you.  Can be
really fast for trivial stuff, but perform much less favorably when
performing "real-world" tasks.  It's kind of the same argument that's
used when people say X computer boots faster than Y computer.  That's
nice and all, but I spend much more of my time *using* my computer than
*booting* it, so it doesn't give me a good picture of how the computers
perform.  This is why most "good" benchmarks run a series various tests
based on real-world use cases.

-a