Does python have built command for package skeleton creation?

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 23:59:37 EDT 2012

On Sep 21, 10:14 pm, xliiv <tymoteusz.jankow... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday, September 21, 2012 1:08:23 PM UTC+2, Tarek Ziadé wrote:
> > Python Paste is probably what you are looking for - see

> It's a nice beast but:
> - it's not built in. Should it be? I think it should.

There needs to be a distinction at some point between Python as
runtime and development environments. If you assume that there are
more users of Python code than developers, then cluttering it with
more developer-only tools is a waste of resources for those end users.

Also: developers are fussy about their environments. One person's vi
is another person's emacs. We keep various package skeletons in our
git repository, and that works well for us, so adding Paste to Python
is just more useless kruft from our perspective.

And: easy_install/pip install paste isn't exactly crippling to type.

> - about readme and manifest.in:
> "You could add to your template a file called readme.rst"
> i dont want to add, i want it already added :)

If you'd just did as they asked, you'd already have this issue
resolved by now.

If you're waiting for the standard library to scratch your itch for
you, you're going to be waiting for a long, _long_ time.