Looking for an IPC solution

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Sat Sep 22 11:21:09 EDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-08-31 at 21:04 +0200, Laszlo Nagy wrote:
> I have seen a stand alone cross platform IPC server before that could
> serve "channels", and send/receive messages using these channels. But I
> don't remember its name and now I cannot find it. Can somebody please help?

I strongly recommend RabbitMQ - http://www.rabbitmq.com/

Just having a real and robust message broker is fabulous.  It is
tempting at first to want to avoid 'external' components; but
development on top of a fully-featured message bus is extremely
addictive.  Working with Rabbit & AMQ is very pleasant and every time i
have a uh-oh-i-need-to-deal-with... moment I discover that
aha-rabbit-can-deal-with-that and back-to-my-application.

<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com/2011/12/idjits-guide-to-installing-rabbitmq-on.html>

<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com/2011/12/enabling-rabbitmq-management-plugin.html>

<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com/2011/10/implementing-queue-expiration-wrabbitmq.html>