Functional way to compare things inside a list

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 02:22:43 EDT 2012

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 7:25 PM, Steven D'Aprano
> On Fri, 21 Sep 2012 14:49:55 -0600, Ian Kelly wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 1:54 PM, 88888 Dihedral
>> <dihedral88888 at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>> I don't think functional aspects are only marked as lazy programming.
>>
>> He wrote "lazy evaluation", not "lazy programming".  Two entirely
>> different things.
>

> For the record, the consensus here is that 88888 Dihedral is probably a
> bot. It appears to be a pretty good bot, I haven't spotted it making any
> egregious or obvious grammatical mistakes, but the semantics of its posts
> don't seem quite human.

I'm aware of that, although sometimes the posts seem coherent enough
that I think maybe it's not.  Especially the ones where it posts
almost-working code snippets, complete with obvious typos.

Then it posts a complete non sequitur like the reply to my reply in
this thread, and the illusion is shattered.