Blue Screen Python

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 10:29:14 EDT 2012

On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 12:04 AM, mikcec82 <michele.cecere at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hallo to all,
>
> I'm using Python 2.7.3 with Windows 7 @ 64 bit
> and an Intel Core i3 -2350M CPU @2.30GHz 2.3GHz.
>
> Sometimes, when I'm programming in Python on my screen compare this blue screen:
> http://imageshack.us/a/img228/8352/48579647436249494527021.jpg
>
> Can you help on what is the issue, and how I can solve it?
>
> If you need more info I'm available.

Ouch, that's not fun. I've never actually seen Python bsod by itself.
My first guesses are:

1) It's a buggy library that you're using with Python. Do you know
what modules your code calls on? Mainly ones that aren't part of the
standard library.

2) It's unrelated, but maybe triggered somehow. For instance, your
Python program might be consuming a lot of RAM, which causes a problem
when you make use of a faulty bit of memory somewhere in the higher
addresses.

Have you run a RAM test on that machine? This is a well-respected one:
http://www.memtest.org/

Alternatively, can you narrow the problem down to a particular script
that will repeatedly cause the BSOD?

ChrisA