Does python have built command for package skeleton creation?

Tarek Ziadé tarek at ziade.org
Fri Sep 21 09:04:30 EDT 2012

On 9/21/12 2:14 PM, xliiv wrote:

> Python Paste is probably what you are looking for - see
>
> http://lucasmanual.com/mywiki/PythonPaste for example
> It's a nice beast but:
> - it's not built in. Should it be? I think it should.
You can suggest this to python-ideas but I really doubt you will get any
traction. The sdtlib don't get new features these days because it's a burden
to maintain high level tool on a 2 years release cycle

> - about readme and manifest.in:
> "You could add to your template a file called readme.rst . Inside of it you can add the following code that will generate this:"
>
> i dont want to add, i want it already added :).. readme is something typical, it's not rare habit for some geeks how wants to customize it all!! the same with manifest.in..
>
> what do you think? iteractive creation is big plus..

I am not sure I get your remark on this. I pointed to this page to show
a typical use case of building Paster Templates, so you can bootstrap
your projects boiler-plate code

So IOW everyone's free to create any kind of template :)

Cheers
Tarek