Does python have built command for package skeleton creation?

xliiv tymoteusz.jankowski at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 08:14:36 EDT 2012

On Friday, September 21, 2012 1:08:23 PM UTC+2, Tarek Ziadé wrote:
> On 9/21/12 12:07 PM, xliiv wrote:
>
> > Like the topic.. . I found this:
>

> > http://learnpythonthehardway.org/book/ex46.html
>

> > it seems fine, but shouldn't be an interactive (with CLI API) script creating that? It's a lot of effort for common work.
>

> > I can contribute but i have to know that i'm not reinvent a wheel.
>

> Python Paste is probably what you are looking for - see
>
> http://lucasmanual.com/mywiki/PythonPaste for example

It's a nice beast but:
- it's not built in. Should it be? I think it should.
- about readme and manifest.in:
"You could add to your template a file called readme.rst . Inside of it you can add the following code that will generate this:"

i dont want to add, i want it already added :).. readme is something typical, it's not rare habit for some geeks how wants to customize it all!! the same with manifest.in..

what do you think? iteractive creation is big plus..