reportlab and python 3

wxjmfauth at gmail.com wxjmfauth at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 03:16:03 EDT 2012

Le lundi 17 septembre 2012 10:48:30 UTC+2, Laszlo Nagy a écrit :
> Reportlab is on the wall of shame. http://python3wos.appspot.com/
>

> Is there other ways to create PDF files from python 3? There is pyPdf. I
>
> haven't tried it yet, but it seem that it is a low level library. It
>
> does not handle "flowables" that are automatically split across pages.
>
> It does not handle "table headers" that are repeated automatically on
>
> the top of every page (when the table does not fit on a page). I need a
>
> higher level API, with features compareable to reportlab. Is there such
>
> thing?
>

> Thanks,
>

>     Laszlo

A big yes and it is very easy. I assume you know how
to write a plain text file with Python :-).

Use your Python to generate a .tex file and let it compile
with one of the pdf TeX engines.

Potential problems:
- It requires a TeX installation (a no problem).
- Of course I requires some TeX knowledge. Learning it
is not so complicate. Learn how to use TeX with a text
editor and you will quickly understand what you have to
program in Python. Bonus: you learn at the same time
a good text editing engine.

I can not figure out something more simple, versatile and
powerful.

jmf