datetime issue

Dave Angel d at davea.name
Sun Sep 16 15:31:19 EDT 2012

On 09/16/2012 07:56 AM, Νικόλαος Κούρας wrote:
> Τη Κυριακή, 16 Σεπτεμβρίου 2012 2:34:34 μ.μ. UTC+3, ο χρήστης Steven D'Aprano έγραψε:
>> <snip>
>>
>> No. That's not how mailing lists work. Every email gets posted to all
>> members, unless they go onto "No Mail", in which case they get no emails
>> at all.
>>
>> You are not paying anything for the help you are receiving, except to
>> give your own time in return to help others. We are all volunteers here,
>> and nobody is going to force you to volunteer in return, but if everyone
>> only received threads that they initiated, nobody would see new threads
>> and nobody would get any answers at all.
>>

>> You are right, i will set to receive them all.
>>
>> But i dont know what to do about the thing you say that i double post.
>> I use google groups i dont intentionally post to python-list too.
>> How can i avoid that and just only post to python google group?

Once you get the emails from the official mailing list, posting a reply
is straightforward.  Do a reply-all for most messages, perhaps deleting
some of the to or cc addresses depending on a specific message.  Then
trim the parts you're not responding to, and put your new remarks after
the context you are responding to.  It won't double-post.

For new messages, simply address a new message to python-list at python.org

Depending on your mail reader, you can see the messages in threads,
except for all the people who bust up the threads.  When you get to that
point, post a new thread specifying your email program and OS, and
somebody will probably volunteer to help you get it customized (though
perhaps the actual discussion for that would be offline).

For anybody else listening, the way I avoid seeing the google-groups
double-post is to automatically delete any message that's got a cc to
google-groups.  That way I only get the OTHER copy of the message.

--

DaveA