Obnoxious postings from Google Groups (was: datetime issue)

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sun Sep 16 09:18:29 EDT 2012

Νικόλαος Κούρας <nikos.gr33k at gmail.com> writes:

> Iam sorry i didnt do that on purpose and i dont know how this is done.
>
> Iam positng via google groups using chrome, thats all i know.

It is becoming quite clear that some change has happened recently to
Google Groups that makes posts coming from there rather more obnoxious
than before. And there doesn't seem to be much its users can do except
use something else.

Using Google Groups for posting to Usenet has been a bad idea for a long
time, but now it just seems to be a sure recipe for annoying the rest of
us. Again, not something you have much control over, except to stop
using Google Groups.

--
 \      “Actually I made up the term “object-oriented”, and I can tell |
  `\            you I did not have C++ in mind.” —Alan Kay, creator of |