cannot concatenate 'str' and 'list' objects

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 12:25:12 EDT 2012

On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 2:04 AM, Νικόλαος Κούρας <nikos.gr33k at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'am not sure what to do and i didnt quite understand what the problem is.
>
> Can you please tell me what parts need fixe so for the users to be able to leave remakrs in he text area boxes?

Your question demonstrates a more fundamental issue here, which I'll
look at before answering what you actually asked.

You're looking to fix your immediate problem and keep moving, without
seeking to understand what's actually going on. This means you will,
in all probability, bounce from crisis to crisis without ever fixing
anything deep underneath; maybe your next issue will be an SQL
injection problem, so you'll fiddle with all your database queries,
but never connect that to this.

The stated purpose of this project is to learn. Learn as much as you
possibly can, then, and get a deep understanding of the underlying
structure. Use Firebug or the Chrome F12 debug information or
something of the sort to watch the requests going back and forth. Leaf
through the Apache logs. Print a whole lot of information to the page
or to an offline log. And remember, anything you can do, someone else
can do just as easily, so with any private information, make sure it's
at least protected by a username and password.

Now, to answer your question. Actually, I already answered it in my
field. Either it's redundant or it's necessary.

1) If it's redundant: Easy. Delete it. Your page will begin working again.
2) If it's necessary: Either rename it, or rename the form field you
use in your rewrite rule.

But spare a thought for the way your script can so easily be broken by
simply appending "?page=" to any URL. That's not good, especially
given how much internal information gets dumped to the page.

ChrisA