Comparing strings from the back?

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 06:26:08 EDT 2012

On Sep 14, 6:53 pm, Dwight Hutto <dwightdhu... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Not if there name is ramit. What if your name was john? I'd say I'll
> be right back, I have to go take a crap on the john. It's a joke about
> a name, not where it originates.

I'd recommend reading up on white privilege but I'm pretty sure it'd
be a wasted suggestion.

> >> It's similar to if I said, this is real 'queer' of you to do ya big
> >> pansy, and next you'll be calling me a homophobe.
>
> > Well, *yes*. Because your choice of that terminology as derogatory
> > shows you view it as derogatory.
>
> No it was a loose analogy

You can't use something as an example to support your case, and then
dismiss it as "a loose analogy" when it undermines it.

> he's just trying to use anything he can say to slam me everyone
> can know it wasn't meant as racist.

The "anything" I'm "using" is what *you* have said. I'm not trying to
"slam" you, I don't even know who you are. I just have a very short
fuse for rudeness and an even shorter one for racism, even if it *was*
intended in a "hyuck hyuck, I'm so punny" way. Ignorant racism is
still racism.

> The whole conversation to me is the context

And yet:

> He wants people to think I'm a racist, and you now want to see that in
> me as well. It seems it has propagated, and that I know exactly what
> it means.

Again, so much for context. There is no "he" and me, I'm the person
who made the original accusation and then followed up on it. That's
not propagation, so it's not propaganda.

Now, someone who starts a new thread to have a conversation *with
themselves* in some bizarre piece of performance art that seems
intended to brand as petty the *requests that he actually follow list
etiquette*...*that* is someone I'd consider a propagandist.