Guides for communicating with business accounting systems

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 02:36:58 EDT 2012

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 4:28 PM, Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Don't use MySQL. :) Okay, that's hardly a *rule*, but it's a strong
>> recommendation.
>
> That's another struggle we have in our future, unfortunately.

We moved from MySQL to PostgreSQL a little while ago, and haven't
looked back. I used to automatically think of MySQL when discussing
open source databasing (I've also used DB2, but not in any OSS
context), but just as there's no reason to instinctively reach for PHP
when you want a dynamic web site, there's no need to naturally grab
MySQL.

Actually I haven't used Postgres with Python yet. Should probably do
that at some point. But the MySQL bindings for Python aren't so
awesome they can't be matched by any other.

ChrisA