Comparing strings from the back?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 00:15:55 EDT 2012

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 1:39 PM, Steven D'Aprano
> You're assuming that people read your posts immediately after they read
> the post you replied to. Always imagine that your reply will be read a
> week after the post you replied to.

And a week is extremely generous too; these posts get archived on the
web. I *frequently* find myself hitting mailing list archives when
researching obscurities. This is also another good reason to post
follow-ups to the list, rather than in private email. You might never
be thanked, but somebody years down the track may find the question
and an associated answer.

ChrisA