Comparing strings from the back?

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Thu Sep 13 23:39:46 EDT 2012

On Thu, 13 Sep 2012 17:06:23 -0400, Dwight Hutto wrote:

> Then there is the problem of people saying you posted too much of the
> context, or not inline with the OP, just at the end, or top posting.

The solution to "you quoted too much unnecessary verbiage" is not "quote
nothing". It is quote only the parts that are relevant.

> I try to keep it along the line of what the OP has read, and they know
> the context in which it's meant.

You're assuming that people read your posts immediately after they read
the post you replied to. Always imagine that your reply will be read a
week after the post you replied to. Do you still expect the reader to
understand what you're talking about?

--
Steven