Python presentations

andrea crotti andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 13:13:43 EDT 2012

2012/9/13 William R. Wing (Bill Wing) <wrw at mac.com>:

> [byte]
>
> Speaking from experience as both a presenter and an audience member, please be sure that anything you demo interactively you include in your slide deck (even if only as an addendum).  I assume your audience will have access to the deck after your talk (on-line or via hand-outs), and you want them to be able to go home and try it out for themselves.
>
> Nothing is more frustrating than trying to duplicate something you saw a speaker do, and fail because of some detail you didn't notice at the time of the talk.  A good example is one that was discussed on the matplotlib-users list several weeks ago:
>
> http://www.loria.fr/~rougier/teaching/matplotlib/
>
> -Bill

Yes that's a good point thanks, in general everything is already in a
git repository, now only in my dropbox but later I will make it
public.

Even the code that I should write there should already written anyway,
and to make sure everything is available I could use the save function
of IPython and add it to the repository...

In general I think that explaining code on a slide (if it involves
some new concepts in particular) it's better, but then showing what it
does it's always a plus.

It's not the same if you say this will go 10x faster than the previous
one, and showing that it actually does on your machine..