Re: using subprocess.Popen does not suppress terminal window on Windows

Oscar Benjamin oscar.j.benjamin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 05:22:45 EDT 2012

On Thu, 13 Sep 2012 00:27:10 -0700 (PDT), janis.judvaitis at gmail.com
wrote:
> I'm making a little embedded system programming IDE so I need to
run .exe(windows only), make commands, perl & python scripts
etc(multiplatform).  I'm using subprocess.Popen for all of them and
it works fine except that blank console window and btw it pop's out
under linux too.

> Maybe the problem is that original python script has .pyw
extension, so it hides his own console, but I don't need thatone too.

> P.S. If it makes a diffrence I'm using wxPython 2.9. & Python 2.7.2.

Perhaps wxPython is causing the problem. Does the 'terminal' look
like a normal terminal? Does it only appear if you actually print
something?

Oscar