Newbie: where's the new python gone?

Bob Aalsma overhaalsgang_24_bob at me.com
Tue Sep 11 09:12:44 EDT 2012

Hmm, this feels embarrassing but the good news is that, on seeing the errors, I remember using a "sudo" with the make install and only later finding out that I shouldn't have.

Last login: Tue Sep 11 09:46:11 on ttys000
macpro1:~ debaas$ pwd
/Users/debaas
macpro1:~ debaas$ ls
Desktop		Documents	Downloads	Library		Movies		Music		Pictures	Public		Sites
macpro1:~ debaas$ cd Desktop/
macpro1:Desktop debaas$ cd Python-2.7.3/
macpro1:Python-2.7.3 debaas$ ls /usr/local
apache2	bin	clamXav	include	lib	libexec	share
macpro1:Python-2.7.3 debaas$ make install
/usr/bin/install -c python.exe /usr/local/bin/python2.7
install: /usr/local/bin/python2.7: Permission denied
make: *** [altbininstall] Error 71

So how to proceed here?

-Bob

Op 11 Sep 2012, om 14:26 heeft William R. Wing (Bill Wing) het volgende geschreven: