Newbie: where's the new python gone?

William R. Wing (Bill Wing) wrw at mac.com
Tue Sep 11 08:26:21 EDT 2012

On Sep 11, 2012, at 3:52 AM, Bob Aalsma <overhaalsgang_24_bob at me.com> wrote:

> <c.c>
> Op 10 Sep 2012, om 22:53 heeft William R. Wing (Bill Wing) het volgende geschreven:
>
>> On Sep 10, 2012, at 11:17 AM, Bob Aalsma <overhaalsgang_24_bob at me.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Well, Bill, better late than never - thanks for stepping in.
>>> You are right, my problems are not yet solved ;)
>>
>> As Hans pointed out, you are looking for python, not Python (the frameworks are named Python, the executable is python).  Sorry about that.
>>
>> To eliminate the output from TimeMachine (assuming it is using an external drive or a TimeCapsule), add one more option to the find command:
>>
>> $ sudo find -x / -name python -print  (or follow his directions for piping to a file).
>>
>> The -x option prevents find from descending into a volume with a different device number from the one you started on.
>>
>> -Bill
>>

> --

Well, clearly, the only copies of python 2.7 on your system are from Apple (in System/Library and associated with Xcode).
So, either the one you downloaded overwrote one of them, or the install failed and you didn't notice the error go zooming by in a listing.

Can you run the install procedure again and capture the output?

-Bill