Looking for an IPC solution

Wolfgang Keller feliphil at gmx.net
Sat Sep 1 08:55:35 EDT 2012

> There are just so many IPC modules out there. I'm looking for a
> solution for developing a new a multi-tier application. The core
> application will be running on a single computer, so the IPC should
> be using shared memory (or mmap) and have very short response times.

Probably the fastest I/RPC implementation for Python should be
OmniOrbpy:

http://omniorb.sourceforge.net/

It's cross-platform, language-independent and standard-(Corba-)
compliant.

> I have seen a stand alone cross platform IPC server before that could
> serve "channels", and send/receive messages using these channels. But
> I don't remember its name and now I cannot find it. Can somebody
> please help?

If it's just for "messaging", Spread should be interesting:

http://www.spread.org/

Also cross-platform & language-independent.

Sincerely,

Wolfgang