[OT] Re: turn list of letters into an array of integers

Peter Otten __peter__ at web.de
Thu Oct 25 04:25:31 EDT 2012

Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 07:47:48 +0200, Peter Otten wrote:
>
>> Wasn't there a Monty Python sketch where a man carrying a parrot in a
>> cage comes into a shop full of stuffed animals and complains: No, I
>> don't admire the taxidermist for making that parrot look like it were
>> alive -- that beast bit me!
>
> I don't think so. Are you thinking of the famous Monty Python "Dead
> Parrot Sketch"? Here's one of many versions:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vuW6tQ0218

My rendition was meant to be a travesty of that one, an "undead" parrot as a
follow-up to Dennis' "lich" post. I'm sorry I forgot the smiley ;)

- He didn't move, that was just the wind stirring his plumage.
- No, that parrot is alive and kicking, fresh as a daisy, full of beans...
- Aren't the glass eyes beautiful?
- Glass eyes -- he just blinked!

And so on. I'm off to work on my laden swallow branch of Python. It's going
to be a real heavy-weight...

--
Always look on the dark side of death