printing (was: A desperate lunge for on-topic-ness)

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Sun Oct 21 07:03:52 EDT 2012

On 10/21/12 05:00, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> I seriously do print out source code. When I'm having trouble
> seeing how the parts of a module fit together, reading print-outs
> is a good way around the problem.

I don't print my personal code--both in light of the fact that I
know it much more intimately and I longer own a printer.  But when
trying to wrap my head around other people's code at work, printing
helps to get both the big picture and the details at the same time,
as well as allows me to annotate it with multi-colored
pens/highlighters.

Maybe I'll reconsider when I have a 300+ dpi desktop surface that is
as large as my desk+walls (where those printouts end up).

-tkc