Python on Windows

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Fri Oct 19 10:24:41 EDT 2012

[Could I suggest snipping some of the preceding replies unless you're
referring directly to them? Just leave enough to make the context clear]

[... attempts to find feedparser module for beginner's tutorial ...]

On 19/10/2012 15:12, graham wrote:
> Once again thanks to those that replied.
>
> Since I posted, I found a version 4.1 on sourceforge.
>
> I guessed/muddled my way through installation and it seems to work.
>
> To Tom Golden,
>   Thanks for the link to http://pypi.python.org/pypi/feedparser/ - I
> couldn't find it and I don't know how you did.

At least from where I'm standing, it's the second Google result for
"python feedparser" but in fact I Googled for "PyPI feedparser" because
I knew that that was the most likely bet.

> The version at http://pypi.python.org/pypi/feedparser/ is 5.1. Can I
> simply install 'over the top' of the previous one or do I need to
> uninstall V4.1?

You should just be able to over-install. No harm in deleting the
previous one, but you probably don't need to.

TJG