python scripts for web

chip9munk at gmail.com chip9munk at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 02:05:48 EDT 2012

On Thursday, October 18, 2012 11:10:45 PM UTC+2, Zero Piraeus wrote:
> WSGI would enable you to write a persistent application that sits
> around waiting for requests and returns responses for them as and
> when, as opposed to a simple CGI script that gets started each time a
> request comes in, and terminates once it's returned the response.

ok I see, you have made it very clear for me now!

> So it's really about startup time - if your scripts are just doing
> something simple and quick, WSGI is likely overkill.

these scripts will do a lot of calculation on a big dataset, and it is possible that there will be many requests in a short period of time.
So I guess the WSGI is a better solution.

Thank you and the others very much, you have saved me a lot of time!

Cheers!