A desperate lunge for on-topic-ness

Paul Rubin no.email at nospam.invalid
Thu Oct 18 02:56:13 EDT 2012

Zero Piraeus <schesis at gmail.com> writes:
> 2. Say "screw it" and break the line using a backslash.

Often the line will break ok without a backslash, but I don't feel any
particular pain in using a backslash in the other cases.

I do pretty rigorously try to keep all lines shorter than 72 columns or
so, unless there's a long literal like a url.  Even such a literal would
probably only occur in throwaway code.  Any specific url in
longer-lasting code should probably be read from a configuration file
rather than being hard coded.