A desperate lunge for on-topic-ness

rusi rustompmody at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 02:55:47 EDT 2012

On Oct 18, 11:06 am, Zero Piraeus <sche... at gmail.com> wrote:
> :
>
> Okay, so, first thing vaguely Python-related that comes to mind [so
> probably not even slightly original, but then that's not really the
> point]:
>
> What are people's preferred strategies for dealing with lines that go
> over 79 characters? A few I can think of off the bat:

It really depends on whether one is programming for learning, as a
profession or publicly (as on this list).

The third is necessary to say because mailers are going to break long
lines.
As for the other two, there is a distinction because:
For example, a candidate C-programmer would be expected to show
prowess with pointers in an interview that would be frowned upon when
he professionally develops in C for production.