Aggressive language on python-list

Zero Piraeus schesis at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 01:17:07 EDT 2012

:

On 18 October 2012 00:36, rusi <rustompmody at gmail.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, I feel this whole discussion/thread has got derailed:
> Zero you started this thread about aggressive behavior. It does not
> seem to me that this was the case you were talking of, was it?

Sorry, but I'm having trouble parsing that sentence. Could you rephrase it?

I've just been sitting here horrified for the last half hour, trying
to work out if there's anything productive I can say, either onlist or
privately, to help defuse this situation.

And ... well, probably not, but here goes anyway:

David: I believe that you are trying to engage positively with this
forum. I also believe that you have a tendency to misinterpret some
comments as personal attacks[1], and to respond by "giving [at least]
as good as you get". I don't think that's working out in the way you
intend, and I think you'd improve your own standing here by taking a
step back when you perceive an attack, counting to ten, taking a deep
breath, and any other applicable cliché that generally gets trotted
out in situations like this. Sometimes they're clichés because they're
true.

Alex23: I agree that publishing private correspondence is a breach of
etiquette. I also think that continuing to engage with David over this
isn't going to help anyone, at least while you're both so pissed off.

Got to dash - I think they need me to oversee some Middle East peace talks ;-)

 -[]z.

[1] A trait I share, and struggle to overcome.