Aggressive language on python-list

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 14:16:51 EDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 3:48 AM,  <rurpy at yahoo.com> wrote:
>On 10/16/2012 08:45 PM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
>> Except that you've made a 180-
>> degree turn from your advice to "ignore" bad behaviour, but apparently
>> didn't notice that *sending private emails* is not by any definition
>> "ignoring". So apparently you don't actually agree with your own advice.
>
> Do you have Asberger's by any chance?  Can you understand that
> I said "ignore" in the context of public discussions in this
> newsgroup/maillist?

That's nothing to do with Asperger's. Ignoring something/someone does
not include sending a private message. What you may be trying to say
is that we should refrain from publicly responding to bad behaviour,
which is not the same thing. If you want to pull a Humpty Dumpty and
use "ignore" to mean "not respond to in public", then go ahead, I'm
not stopping you - but do please make it clear somewhere in your post.

Impenetrability!

ChrisA