Aggressive language on python-list

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Tue Oct 16 12:49:18 EDT 2012

On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 09:27:48 -0700, rurpy wrote about trolls and dicks:

> The best advise is to ignore such posts and encourage others to do the
> same.

If you ignore such posts, how will the poster know they are unacceptable?

How should somebody distinguish between "I am being shunned for acting
like a dick", and "I have not received any responses because nobody has
anything to add"?

If I believe that your behaviour ("giving lousy advice") is causing great
harm to this community, and *I don't say anything*, how will you know to
change your behaviour? How will others know that I do not agree with your
advice?

--
Steven