Fastest web framework

Demian Brecht demianbrecht at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 12:07:14 EDT 2012

On 10/16/2012 7:47 AM, Andriy Kornatskyy wrote:
I think that my first batch of questions were slightly out of context,
mostly due to a lack of caffeine first thing in the morning. My
understanding at the time was that your "an answer to effectivity" was,
in fact, a list of highlights for wheezy.web (which is why I asked the
questions I did). Having said that..

 > The initial decisions taken while building a project might be wrong.
Due to continues backward compatibility, you can not change them even
you wish.

You can always deprecate old functionality in favor of new solutions.
I'd be hard pressed to find a reason to find a reason why something
*can't* be deprecated. It may not be easy at times, but it should always
be doable.

 > That glue is usability case: recommendation how to use it with one or
the other.

As long as your framework doesn't require you to fight with it in order
to use another solution. One of my early gripes with Django for example
(ages ago) was that it felt like I had to fight the framework in order
to introduce functionality that wasn't natively supported.

 > For you, personally, let me point this again. N.P.
 >
 > Here is how: use content caching with cache dependency. Read more:
 > http://packages.python.org/wheezy.http/userguide.html#content-cache

It doesn't matter if you're using cached content or not. It will *not*
be as fast as a hard-coded, simple response (not that a static,
hard-coded response is the way to go obviously). I don't think I have to
get into the details about I/O. My point is simply that the statement
that a database driven site (cached content or not), *can not* be as
fast as a "hello world" app. My comment may be construed as being
nit-picky, but I thought it was worth calling out due to the
matter-of-fact wording that you used.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I caught a minor typo in the content-cache
docs:

"Since there is no heavy processing and just simple operation to get an
item from cache it should be supper fast"

I don't know about you, but my supper generally isn't fast ;)