Fastest web framework

Andriy Kornatskyy andriy.kornatskyy at live.com
Tue Oct 16 10:47:00 EDT 2012

Demian,

Thank you, I appreciate your input. See below.

> > Performance and effectivity are related metrics. Longer
feature list can not explain why it less effective. An answer to
effectivity question might be related to:
> > - code quality (we have PEP8)
>
> Any static code analysis such as pylint or pyflakes?

Yep, good start with any of those.

> > - architectural decisions taken
>
> What (sample of) decisions? How do they differ from other frameworks?
> How will they make my life better?

The initial decisions taken while building a project might be wrong. Due to continues backward compatibility, you can not change them even you wish. Some projects die and same people start a new one, rethinking mistakes made.

> > - core team experience
>
> Not sure this is entirely relevant (imho). Engineers with great
> experience on paper may still make poor decisions and output shoddy
> work. Conversely, a new grad (or weekend hacker) may have a solid
> understanding and output amazing work.

The question is about the practical things you do daily. You might laugh of your first project, you continue to move forward and got respect as it is now. Imagine you continue to fix your first program up to now, you will probably write is somewhat differently. Same applies to frameworks, pursue effectiveness for more: users served, application hosted, etc. Some, just can not.

> > - historical path, etc.
>
> What does this mean?

The frameworks are not written in one day, they have historical path with many hands on it. This change it, not always right way.

 > There is a problem with 3rd party code... it should evolve with
framework... so good one become a part of it. 3rd party UI things are
good, until you start `customize` them, patch, workaround, etc. This is
where pain come from. However, there are exceptions. Can you name few?

> [Disclaimer: personal opinion] I couldn't disagree more. A good
> framework provides the glue for various subsystems to work amazingly
> well together. Perhaps this is why I'm drawn to micro-frameworks and
> the likes of Pyramid. No assumptions are made about *how* I'm going to
> use the framework. Modularity is good. Do one thing and do it *very*
> well. Caching? Use beaker. ORM? Use SQLAlchemy.

That glue is usability case: recommendation how to use it with one or the other.

 > Let me state this: "wheezy.web let you design web application to
be able run it at the speed of `hello world`, even database driven one".

> This bothers me. It's misleading to newbies and it's just wrong. You
> simply *cannot* have a database driven application run at the exact
> same performance as a "hello world" app.

For you, personally, let me point this again. N.P.

Here is how: use content caching with cache dependency. Read more:
http://packages.python.org/wheezy.http/userguide.html#content-cache

Thanks.

Andriy Kornatskyy