LinkedIn Python group discussions

Dwight Hutto dwightdhutto at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 23:24:54 EDT 2012

On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 7:42 AM, Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> I've been sparked into raising the subject as this has just come up "Does
> Jython/Python fall short of true POSIX thread parallelism?".  I'm not
> qualified to comment and I recognise relatively few names amongst the people
> who do participate over there.

I subscribe to many lists, but you're not going to find people
interested in certain aspects of programming.

The last thing I'd want would be FUD or
> worse still complete crap being written in response to any thread and me not
> being in a position to reply.

If you're on the right mailing list, and you can use google for a
little research, then it's very unlikely you'll get bs'd

 Is this something for the Python community
> here to be thinking about?

Not really. These are specific things being questioned that might have
something to do with python, but are mainly specific to certain areas
of computing that involve python, but need to be solved by others in
other areas of computing/utilization of python.

Sometimes it's their problem, but sometimes it's pythons, which does
need to be analyzed and corrected for specific systems/OS's.

--
Best Regards,
David Hutto