Feedback on my python framework I'm building.

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 19:06:22 EDT 2012

On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 9:24 AM,  <nbvfour at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, October 13, 2012 2:33:43 PM UTC-4, Chris Angelico wrote:
>>
>> Nice theory, but this is the bit that I fundamentally disagree with.
>> Forcing programmers to work in one particular style is usually not the
>> job of the language/framework/library. That should be up to the
>> programmer, or at least the local style guide.
>
> Have you ever read the zen of python? "Theres only one way to do it" is a core motto of the python language. In my opinion, this is the most important aspect of python and is what makes python so much better than PHP and perl and all the other "do it however you want, the more convoluted and obfuscated the better!" languages.

Many times, but 'import this' doesn't translate into a language rule
that all classes have an uppercase first letter and all non-classes
don't; nor does it require that it be impossible to combine two simple
statements onto one line (because it's equally "obvious" to put them
onto two lines). Some things are questions of style, and are and
should be both implemented.

ChrisA