10 sec poll - please reply!

Kwpolska kwpolska at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 11:42:59 EST 2012

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 2:42 PM, Michael Herrmann
<michael.herrmann at getautoma.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> the emails are getting kind of long so to ask you briefly: What do you think of splitting `type` into two functions `press` and `enter`? Their use cases are:
>         press(CTRL + 'a')
>         press(ENTER)
>         press(ALT + 'f', 's')
>         enter("Hello World!")
>         enter("test.txt", into="File name")
>
> Thanks,
> Michael

First of, please don’t top-post.  Second of, the type—enter split a
bad idea.  It would require me to think whether I should use one or
the other.  type() is perfectly fine, because Automa is never going to
be used as from automa import *.  And if it is, it’s in your shell for
non-Pythonistas.

And also, my general thoughts: type() is just fine.  Unless you want
to call it simulate_pressing_keys_on_the_keyboard_without_getting_a_mechanical_arm_out_of_the_screen_and_pressing_the_keys_with_it(),
but then you will need to create
simulate_using_the_mouse_without_getting_a_mechanical_arm_out_of_the_screen_and_moving_the_mouse_or_pressing_its_buttons_with_it(),
too.

--
Kwpolska <http://kwpolska.tk>
stop html mail      | always bottom-post