problem with module PyVisa

Jean Dubois jeandubois314 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 15:43:03 EST 2012

On 9 nov, 17:40, Rodrick Brown <rodrick.br... at gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems pretty obvious from the error. Try installing the missing lib packages.
>
> OSError: /usr/local/vxipnp/linux/bin/libvisa.so.7: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Nov 9, 2012, at 11:22 AM, Jean Dubois <jeandubois... at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > OSError: /usr/local/vxipnp/linux/bin/libvisa.so.7: cannot open shared
> > object file: No such file or directory

The error may be obvious but finding this file and how to install it
is not unfortunately.
It seems I have to install it from the National Instruments site but
Debian Linux doesn't seem to be supported...
and I doubt whether just copying this file will be sufficient to make
PyVisa work.
I wonder whether there might be another way to communicate via USB
with a Keithley programmable power supply using Python.

best regards,
Jean