Base class and Derived class question

Dave Angel d at davea.name
Tue Nov 6 09:13:18 EST 2012

On 11/06/2012 08:50 AM, cyberirakli at gmail.com wrote:
> Hey guys,
> I'm trying to understand how is working base class and derived class.

in what Python version ?

> So, I have to files baseClass.py and derivedClass.py.
> baseClass.py :
How did all those angle brackets get into the file?  Are you confusing
an interactive interpreter session with running source files?

>     def bFunction(self):
This line isn't indented properly.  It must be further from the left
margin than the class declaration.
>         print "We are in a base class"
>
> derivedClass.py:
> reload(baseClassMod)

reload() isn't safe to use, and especially on a module that's been
renamed while it was first imported.  It's a trick to speed up debugging
in the interactive interpreter, and when something goes wrong, you exit
the interpreter and try again.

> class derivedClass(baseClassMod):
>     def dFunction(self):
>         print "We are in a derived Class"
>
> buwhen I'm trying to run derivedClass.py I get this error :

Again, what are you actually doing?  Running that file, or playing
around in the interpreter?

> TypeError: Error when calling the metaclass bases
>     module.__init__() takes at most 2 arguments (3 given)
>
> Interesting thing is that if I run baseClass.py and then run :

If you run baseClass.py, and get back to the bash prompt, then nothing
will affect subsequent tests.

>     def dFunction(self):
>         print "We are in a derived Class"
> It works fin

Either use the interpreter or run from the shell.  This mixing of the
two is mighty confusing.

--

DaveA