Obnoxious postings from Google Groups

Jamie Paul Griffin jamie at kode5.net
Thu Nov 1 05:55:20 EDT 2012

/ Robert Miles wrote on Wed 31.Oct'12 at  0:39:02 -0500 /

> For those of you running Linux:  You may want to look into whether
> NoCeM is compatible with your newsreader and your version of Linux.
> It checks newsgroups news.lists.filters and alt.nocem.misc for lists
> of spam posts, and will automatically hide them for you.  Not available
> for other operating systems, though, except possibly Unix.

Anybody serious about programming should be using a form of UNIX/Linux if you ask me. It's inconceivable that these systems should be avoided if you're serious about Software Engineering and Computer Science, etc. For UNIX there are loads of decent news reading software and mail user agents to learn and use. slrn is a good one and point it at gmane.org as someone else pointed out. I can't even imagine using a browser or Google Groups, etc. now.