installing modules in Enthought Python

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Wed May 30 14:04:20 EDT 2012

On 5/30/12 4:05 PM, Chuck wrote:
> I just downloaded Enthought Python, free version.  I wanted all the
> included packages, but I can't seem to find the correct directory to
> install new Python modules.  Does anybody have an idea?  I am trying
> to add Universal Feed Parser to Enthought.  I have tried C:\Python27,
> C:\Python27\Lib, C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages, but no success.

Hello! Enthought employee here. You can send EPD installation support questions
to <epd.support at enthought.com>.

In this respect, EPD is no different from any other Python installation.
Universal Feed Parser is a standard Python package that uses a distutils
setup.py script to install. You usually cannot just unpack its source .zip file
somewhere, which is what I expect you are doing. You need to unpack the
feedparser-5.1.2.zip source archive to some temporary location, then run the
setup.py script from the command line:

   C:\Users\Robert\Downloads\feedparser-5.1.2> python setup.py install

You can read more thorough documentation on how to use distutils setup.py
scripts in the Python documentation:

   http://docs.python.org/install/index.html

I hope that helps. If not, please send let us know on
<epd.support at enthought.com>. Thank you!

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."