installing modules in Enthought Python

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed May 30 12:55:53 EDT 2012

On 5/30/2012 11:05 AM, Chuck wrote:
> I just downloaded Enthought Python, free version.  I wanted all the
> included packages, but I can't seem to find the correct directory to
> install new Python modules.  Does anybody have an idea?  I am trying
> to add Universal Feed Parser to Enthought.  I have tried C:\Python27,
> C:\Python27\Lib, C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages, but no success.

If the Enthought Python installer installed CPython to C:/Python27, then
I would expect a) that they might put the 'included packages' in
site-packages, and b) that putting a module/package there would work.
However, maybe they do something non-standard in the site module,
including disabling site-packages.

Try
 >>> import sys; sys.path
to see if sys.path includes site-packages and what it does include.

If you put a directory in site-packages, make sure it has an __init__.py
file.

--
Terry Jan Reedy